Thursday, December 6, 2012

ABC Writing

The Octopi were issed the challenge of writing a story where each sentence began with a letter of the alphabet in sequence. This made them really think through how they started a sentence and the results were pretty cool. Here's a few:

By: G.B.

As usual he was late. But I didn’t mind he had been my business associate for 12 …..or was it 13 years? Central Park Mall was very busy this time of year. December 24 is almost the busiest time of the year. Eager to get this meeting over with I called him but he didn’t answer and I realized that I couldn’t call him while he was driving so I decided to get some coffee and donuts. Gratefully the coffee was so relaxing that I decided to sit back and read. Hopefully he would be here soon. It had been about an hour until I had checked my phone and that was when I realized that he had texted me an half an hour ago and called off the meeting. Joyfully I was free to do my Christmas shopping. Kneeling down I grabbed my bag and dashed out of the coffee shop.

Luckily I had time to get all of the gifts on my list. Mainly I was focused on gifts for my kids and the rest of my family. Never in my life had I seen the mall so crowded. Over on the other side of the mall was where all of the stores I needed so I had to hurry over there. Please, please, please do not be out of what I need I thought to myself worriedly.  Quantity wise I had a lot of gifts in my kart. Red was my nephew’s favorite color so I got him a red D.S case. Soon I was done and I got to go home. Tomorrow would be very exciting and my kids would love me. Usually my kids woke up very early and I wasn’t ready but this time I was. Vanilla was my kid’s favorite flavor of ice cream and I bought some so as soon as I got home I hid the ice cream in the freezer.

When my kids woke up in the morning they were very excited and so was I. Xylophones for the girls and legos for the boys. Yellow wrapping paper was all over the floor. Zebra print throws from the couch were scattered all over the floor along with the paper.

And that was how my merry Christmas went.
 
By: S.C.
A long time ago, I heard about a holiday called Christmas. Boy, I wish I knew what it was like to live back then. Christmas is a beautiful time of year. Dunking marshmallows in hot cocoa, having fun with friends and family, and opening presents. Even some guy named Santa keeps the season warm and jolly. Fun is the basic definition of Christmas. Green wreaths hang on people’s doors, I just absolutely love Christmas. However, I am allergic to the some of the fibers in the wreath. If you enjoy Christmas then your thoughts make complete sense to me. Jesus was born on Christmas and if he wasn’t, then Christmas wouldn’t exist! Kindness is spread all over the world on Christmas. Love and happiness are also spread. Money and wealth do not matter on Christmas, for it is a day of giving. Naughty boys and girls go on Santa’s naughty list, and get coal instead of presents. On Christmas Eve, Santa sneaks through your chimney and gives you presents. Presents are fun to get. Quantities of people who love Christmas outnumber the amount of molecules on a tree. Rushing from store to store to shop a few days before Christmas is common. Sales come all over the place! Toys are being wrapped and stored until Christmas Eve. Under the tree, tons of presents sit, waiting to be unwrapped and see happy kin. Visions of sugar plums dance in kid’s heads while they are asleep. Xylophones can be heard in Christmas music. You probably agree with me, that Christmas is the best holiday. Crazy would be your new name if you hate Christmas.

By: R.J.
Las Vegas is a great place for a vacation. My family and I went there. Next to California my favorite place is Las Vegas. Our family went to Las Vegas in the summer when it is really hot. Perhaps we should go in the winter next time.
Quenching our thirst, we grabbed a bottle of water at Starbucks. Rather than going to the Hoover Dam we went to the game store. So we got two games one was UNO and the other was Monopoly.  That Uno game was really fun.
Usually we would order food in our room but we went out to eat this time. Voraciously we ate our food at Red Robin.   We then went to the hotel we were staying in. Next my mom said, now we will take a nap. Yes, I can take a nap. Zooming into my bed I fell asleep. At 6:00 pm my mom woke me up.  But I did not won’t to wake up. Cause I was tired and wanted to sleep more.  Darn my mom got me up any way.
 Everyone went downstairs, ate dinner and liked it. For dessert we had ice cream with a cookie. Gosh that was a cool and fun day.  How did the day pass so fast?  It was morning and we were eating breakfast. Just as we sat down the sun came up. Keeping our family tradition we will return to Las Vegas again for vacation.  


By: S.L.B.

Once upon a time there was a boy named Prancer. Prancer’s father hated only one thing. Questions.

Rather than avoid asking questions, he simply avoided asking his father. Sometimes, he couldn’t avoid asking his father a question. To do that he checked if his father was in a good mood. Usually his father was in a bad mood. Vern’s Violins was a very stressful job, and it tended to leave his father in a very bad mood. When he came home happy, it was usually because one of his customers tipped well. X-mas was one of the best times, because people tended to tip well. Yes, Prancer thought, X-mas was definitely the best time of the year. Zany presents, Dad in a good mood, what’s not to like?  

And this Christmas was going to be the best ever. Big bundles of presents under the tree, fun with the family.

“Christmas rocks don’t you think, Dad?”

 Dad paused before answering the question, a very unusual occurrence, “Except when it snows. Frankly, snow only makes it hard to drive.”

“Gosh, what makes you say that dad? How could you not like snow? I love it! Jolly good snowball fights can only happen in the snow. Kate’s starting a snowball fight want to come?”

“Let’s.”

 My dad having a snowball fight with us kids. Now, this is what I call an awesome dad and an awesome Christmas!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment